Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Hungry" Reader Writes About the Expanding Budget Wasteline

OK...pun most definitely intended. A reader identified as "the Thin Man" offers the following take on the ever expanding budget and the commenter who feels that "just forgoing 2 pizzas a month" is worth the price.


I'm finally catching up on my "light "reading and I thought I'd comment on the young woman's remarks about forgoing a couple of pizza's. I've lived here long enough to tell her that...
  • I had to forgo four large pizzas a month when we built the two new middle schools,
  • then I had to forgo another large pizza when we built Horizon,
  • then I had to forgo another large pizza when we built Creekside,
  • Now I'm forgoing four large pizzas for the new High School,and
  • I'm forgoing two large pizzas for the upgrade of the Upper Middle School,and
  • I gave up my bread sticks for the Pool.
As you can see I'm starting to get pretty damn hungry so I don't need to sacrifice any more "FOR THE CHILDREN." I guess if anyone could convince me that our children are getting a better education for all my pizzas I could live with our spending, but I guarantee you that the quality of education has gone down in the last ten years yet we continue to throw more money at it. Our test scores are not comparable to other districts our size and we are a laughing stock among Dane County schools. At least my weight is down but my blood pressure is off the charts.

WAKE UP SUN PRAIRIE !!!!!

Sincerely,
the Thin Man


SP-EYE Note: We couldn't agree more. We've become a renowned sports district, but we're growing very few scholars and far between. We're hungry too. Maybe we can live without pizza and bread sticks, but when we lose our Cinna Stix, THAT is the last straw. We're mad as hell. Throw open your windows, Sun Prairians and scream at the top of your lungs, "We're mad as hell...and we're not gonna take it anymore". Then come to a budget hearing...and tell the school board.