Sunday, January 8, 2012

Meet Gary Alan Naud, Candidate for SPASD School Board

Many of you have asked...who is this new name in the school board race?  Who is this Gary Naud guy?.
We figured we'd just ask him to tell the community about himself...and he was kind enough to provide the following:


I am running for Sun Prairie City Council and Sun Prairie School Board to deepen my connection with the families and kids that I work with every day. Our city is a beautiful, enriching environment for raising a family. We take pride in our Main Street, local stores, roads and parks, schools, and community centers. I am connected to our families– I will meet with the people who want to speak with me, and stay in constant contact with my constituents. 

As an afterschool teacher and daycare provider, I work with parents and address their children’s growth and development needs. I was the U.S. Census district coordinator for Sun Prairie and have experience working “on the ground,” serving my neighbors and working with the government. Additionally, from my years as a store manager, I know how to run a business and manage finances. I know how to work with people, build productive collaborations, and have extensive experience in hiring the right people for the tasks needed at hand. 


Too many government decisions are based on hot tempers and hot headlines. Decisions about the future — the future of our children and our city — should be based on evidence, not hotheaded politics. I have many connections to the scientific community at UW-Madison, including several close colleagues who study economics, child development, education, and intergroup relations. These advisors keep me connected to the latest scientific data that are relevant to the needs of our schools and our city. We need to make thoughtful, well-reasoned decisions that will actually improve our community and schools. 


I've met many people who yearn to be involved in our local government. I will be their messenger and satisfy their desire to be connected. My primary duty is representing the concerns and opinions of my Sun Prairie neighbors. I will maintain transparency and keep open communication with our citizens – through neighborhood outreach, social media, and by continuing to be an integrated member of the community. 


I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible, and cannot wait to build the bridge we need between the people of Sun Prairie and our local government.


--Gary Alan Naud - City Council and School Board, Sun Prairie


Feel free to contact Gary with any comments or questions at:
e-mail: garyalannaud@gmail.com
Facebook.com: GaryAlanNaud
Twitter.com: GaryAlanNaud


...and long-time readers will recall that we have a penchant for identifying celebrity look-a-likes for our community leaders.  We hope Mr. Naud will play along and won't be offended.  We couldn't help but see the resemblance to action film star Jason Statham.  Ok...so maybe he has friendlier eyes.