Saturday, February 25, 2012

Breaking News: Naud Withdraws

In the wake of a flurry of activity this week, Gary Alan Naud has withdrawn from the school board election.  Earlier this evening, his website, www.justsaynaud.com, showed only the following:



Gary Alan Naud
After careful consideration and after my recent unfavorable primary results, I am withdrawing my candidacy for the Sun Prairie School Board. I appreciate all the support I have received from so many Sun Prairie citizens, and look forward to continuing to be connected to our community. At this juncture, however, I think I can best serve Sun Prairie as a private citizen, and I am eager to continue working in our community to make Sun Prairie better.



Crack journalist Chris Mertes, of the Sun Prairie Star, posted an article online earlier today that may explain things.

http://sunprairiestar.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=21&ArticleID=9690

Congratulations to Mike Krachey...who will now earn the seat vacated by Terry Shimek; and to John  Whalen for...well...being John Whalen.

Did anyone else notice that two years in a row now we've had candidates withdraw from the race for school board seats?  These seats are hotter than the presidency.